< About the PPA
Letters of Intent
If you are interested in serving on the PPA board, contact Immediate Past President Vera J. Kohler, CPOA at (814) 368-7090 (office) or (814) 598-2002 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send in your letter of intent or you can also run from the floor during the election of officers.
Things you need to know about serving on the PPA Board:
- The Pennsylvania Paraoptometric Association board meets 3 to 4 times a year.
- There is a board meeting in January (weather permitting), Spring Education meeting, August/September and one in the event we have fall education
- Board members will report to the president with a written report prior to the meetings and submit a report for the ParaEyes.
- Board members are reimbursed up to $150.00 per meeting
Helpful attributes of those considering serving on the PPA Board:
- Have served or serving on your local Society
- Served on a community organization
- Having knowledge of PPA
- Organizational skills
- Leadership abilities