PPA Member Benefits
Membership in PPA offers you a variety of valuable benefits.
*Copy of the PPA's Constitution and By-laws
- Joint Congress with Pennsylvania Optometric Association
- PPA meetings and seminars
- Reduced Congress registration fees
- Record of continuing education credit hours
- Continuing education certificates for members
- Provide a testament to your professional pride
- Show involvement in the educational advancement for profession
*Annual Presentation of PA Paraoptometric of the Year Award
- Educational or employment opportunities
- Optometric scope of practice updates
- News and educational articles
- Public service announcements
*Personal Growth and Professional Development
*Feeling of Accomplishment and Pride in Your Work and Yourself
*Pennsylvania Paraoptometric Reference Manual
- Available at a reduced rate for members
Membership Categories and Application
Unlike the POA, our dues do not incorporate other areas of our profession. For example, if you join PPA, you are NOT automatically a member of the American Optometric Association, Paraoptometric Section, nor of any Pennsylvania local society.
ACTIVE: Staff members working with, and sponsored by, a member of the Pennsylvania Optometric Association. $40.00 annually per member.
ASSOCIATE: Members shall be associated with, and sponsored by, a member of the Pennsylvania Optometric Association, or the Pennsylvania Paraoptometric Association. $40.00 annually per member.STUDENT: A student must be affiliated with a Credited Optometric Assistant or Technician Program. $7.00 annually.